It felt like this title completely corresponded to the new Primark collection for SS2014.
Plus, they DID have sweatshirt with Unicorns on them, just like this one spotted by Dorothydancing
Besides that they had a ton of light pink items, which I found was SO cute. The general inspiration was definitely 90′s, which I love. Here are my favourites
I am DREAMING of this pale pink set!!!
These are just too cool
On my bathingsuit wishlist…
I dream of one of those!
Remember ONE thing: you never got too many gold jewels.
Primark and London, just so you know, you’ll see me in 2014, I want it all (unless the new Primark in Brussels magically opens!)
I did not know this kind of things still existed (I know it did, back in Skyblog era, when Mark Sukerberg was still in High School), but apparently it does. And it’s fun! I’ve been tagged (as they say) by my friend Nadia from Simple&Funky. It took some time to figure out what to say, but when I did, I actually had too much to say… typical me.
I don’t think starting this article with a picture of us as kids is part of the deal, but it’s way more fun I think.
So here we go, come and discover my dirty little secrets
11 things (or more like 12) you don’t know about me
- I know they say fashion bloggers are all about cupcakes and macaroons, but here’s the news: I don’t really like cupcakes
- I don’t like champagne that much. I’ll have a flute maybe. I’ll enjoy a piscine with ice cubes and violette syrup. On the other hand, I would die (okay, little exaggerating) for a good dark rhum & coke. And I don’t drink wine!
- I’m actually not such a sweet kinda girl, I’m more on the salty side. I would love way more to eat a big amount of guacamole, than a big bag of candies.
- I have a brother. He’s not particularly present on this blog, but he’s alive. He’s 23, pretty handsome (but in a relationship) and his name is Hermès.
I heard we look like each other… I can’t tell
- I do like to speak about girly stuff on this blog, but I’m not that girly in my everyday life. I barely never wear make up on an everyday basis. Girly talks easily drive me crazy, don’t even mention a diet to me!
- My bestfriend doesn’t really care about fashion even though she likes clothes. She often thinks that I’m crazy, and there’s nothing more refreshing than having her in my life.
- I can look really eccentric, but deep down I’m a really shy person. It makes me look unfriendly and sometimes arrogant, but I swear to god I’m not. After a few drinks though, I’m a lot nicer and not shy at all anymore.
- I love TV shows&series, and I’m addicted to the ones about food. I watch every season of Top Chef and Master Chef, French AND American version.
- That might sound weird, but I barely don’t read blogs or magazines. I don’t like to get too inspired about what we’re « supposed » to wear, what’s « fashion » right now. I usually follow my guts, and it’s always been working pretty well.
- I always secretly dreamed of designing my own clothes, but always been too scared of it.
- I have an imaginary friend called Casper since many years, he’s pretty cool.
Here we are having a blast. And yes, he’s a fast drinker
The 11 questions from Nadia:
1. What do you do to relax ?
I hang around at home, in my onesie Hello Kitty pijama. I usually take place in my sofa, and not move for the rest of the day. Then it goes from watching stupid things on TV, to my favourite Series on my laptop and drink a few litters of Yogi Tea (Detox in general). It never gets better than this.
2. Is there something you eat/drink that everyone thinks is disgusting but you think it’s awesome ?
Most of my girlfriends don’t understand my love for rhum & coke. Besides that, I eat a lot of veggies, very healthy stuff, and don’t like fastfood, it seems weird to a lot of people.
3. What is your worst bad habit ?
I’m kind of messy, and I can’t help it. It’s just a part of me. Sometimes I try to make things better, but my bad habits always find their way back. It has always driven the people I’ve lived with completely crazy.
4. What do you do when you’re drunk ?
I keep drinking HAHA. And I dance. And take really weird poses, while making funny faces. I also talk to strangers who suddenly become my best friends.
If I’m allowed to, I dance on the bar. And I laugh a lot
Then I take pictures of all of those different steps
5. What do you do to save the planet ?
I recycle. And I don’t own a car (even if sometimes I wish I did)
6. Who’s the person you admire the most ?
There’s a few people. It might sound cheesy but both of my parents probably share the first place.
My dad has ambition, crazy ideas and did some amazing things with his life. He has more strengths than I’ve never seen with any other human being.
My mom is very inspirational, she helps me in every steps of my life, she motivates me. It sometimes feels like she’s about to conquer the world, all by herself, in her own way, and that’s impressive. She got where she is today all by herself (so did my dad), and that’s a big inspiration to me.
On a more general point of view, I admire a lot Diane Von Furstenberg, and Leandra Medine.
DVF because I’m impressed that this belgian lady was able to create such an amazing empire, become such a role model on the US ground. Plus, I love her energy, her designs,… She’s incredible!
I look up to Leandra Medine, aka the Man Repeller, because she was able to put her « weakness » as a strength. I kind of feel more confident in the way I actually want to dress since I’ve discovered her blog. It’s not always been easy to assume my own style, but I’m trying to make it a strength as well.
7. What do you cook for people when you want to impress them ?
I generally go for Gyozas… But it really depends on what the person likes and also what I’m into cooking at that very moment. Sometimes, I really like making desserts so I go for killing Apple Crumble or Apple Tarts. Right now I’m more into soups. I’m like a surprise pocket, you never know what you’re gonna get!
8. What do you think is your body’s best feature ?
I really like my hands… And my boobs. Sometimes I really like my legs as well.
9. Have you ever said something that you regretted ? What was it ?
Nothing comes to mind. But I know I can have my bitchy moments, and say things that will hurt other people, even though it wasn’t meant to hurt them.
10. Tell me about your most shameful moment !
(this is definitly the kind of things I forget, and that my bestfriend love to remind me. So I asked her what was my biggest shame. She first said the list was VERY long…)
I then decided choosing only one was being selfish, so here we go:
- A few years back, I was partying at my favourite club. At the end of the night, I clearly had a little too much to drink, and decided to go. When arrived the time of finding my ticket to get my jacket back, it seemed impossible to find. At some point, a bunch of ticket fell on the floor from my wallet. They were actually a bunch of ticket from Zara and H&M, but I really liked them (it seems) and wanted them all back. All my friends helped me get them from the floor, and I only benched down to pick up ONE of them.
- « back in the days », I used to spend all of my saturday night’s at Dirty Dancing. Upstairs, they used to have a big mattress in the middle of the floor, and I used to love dancing on it. One day, I was wearing heels (strange move from me), and decided to take them off, to avoid falling down from the mattress. I took off my shoes… and was stupid enough to fall down. In a moment of cleverness (really?) I decided to look at my foot because I know the floor was full of broken glasses. BINGO! I then headed to the bathroom which were two floors below. People were able to follow me thanks to the blood I was leaving behind.
- I once was invited to a party that was ALL about drinking shots. How stupid that sounds already, right? Anyway, after trying every flavor available, I did feel a little sick. I took a cab, to go back to my bestfriends home where I was sleeping that night (even though she wasn’t even there). I don’t remember what happened after, but apparently I made it back but lost my purse (it actually was my BFF’s Louis Vuitton purse) which contained my camera (with photos of another party I would of liked never to share). Apparently I also vomited in the bath, and part of it on my bestfriend’s mom jeans that were hanging there. I always thought I had an evil twin that night, because I never think I could of done that. Still, my friends really enjoy making fun of me since that day.
- Last but not least, many years ago, after a fun party, I randomnly hooked up with a guy in a club. It never happens to me (I’m just that shy), but he was charming, and from what he said, not living in Brussels, just in town for a few days. A few weeks later, I was having dinner at a restaurant downtown with friends. We had the first table in the restaurant and I was facing the entrance. Imagine my face when my stranger entered the restaurant. I think I went from red, to purple, and to blue, to end up practicly under the table. Great moment of glory.
11. If you could try a complete other job for a whole month, what would it be ?
I would love to be a cook in a restaurant. It sounds exciting, even though it seems really hard.
Thanks Nadia for tagging me
Now it’s MY turn héhé. I’m passing the chain to: Charlotte & Gaëlle (Blondie Market), Sarah & Chloé (Brussels Kitchen), Sophie (Alerte à Liège), Anouk (Anouk Meets Fashion), Luigi (Tellement Lui), Aphrodite (The Fashion Folio), Gregory de Vos (Monsieur de Vos), Emma (Au goût d’Emma), Marianne (Steve&Charlie), Dorothée (Dorothydancing – you’re not going to skip this!), Nathalie & Ruth (The Merrymakers)
Now, you guys have to tell me (us) 11 things we do not know about you, and answer my 11 questions (I was inspired, you’ll see)!
- What’s on top of you Christmas Wishlist?/ De quoi rêves-tu pour Noël?
- If you could have the life of ANYBODY, for the next week, who would it be?/ Si tu pouvais vivre la vie de n’importe qui pour une semaine, la vie de qui choisirais-tu?
- Tell me about your BEST drunk story / Raconte moi ta meilleure histoire de soirée alcoolisée
- What’s your favourite expression? / Quelle est ton expression préférée
- How will you name your children? / Quels noms donneras-tu à tes futurs enfants?
- Which movie do you secretly watch because you’re the only one that find it funny? / Quel film regarde tu secretement car tu es le seul à le trouver drole?
- What’s your killing entering sentence to pick up a guy/a girl in a bar or a club? / Quelle est ta meilleure phrase pour draguer un mec/une nana dans un bar ou une boite?
- Have you ever stolen something? If yes, what was it? / As-tu déjà volé quelque chose? Si oui, c’était quoi?
- Miley Cyrus or Britney Spears? / Miley Cyrus ou Britney Spears?
- What’s your ALL TIME favourite song? / Quelle est ta chanson préférée de tout les temps?
- Tomorrow, you somehow earn 1.000.000€, what is the first thing you do? / Demain, tu reçois la somme de 1.000.000€, quelle est la première chose que tu fais!?
**Good luck guys**
As I promised you yesterday, here is the outfit I wore to dinner last wednesday night in London.
Like I told you yesterday, it’s quite unexpected from me but I still like the look. It definitly looks (and felt) like I was wearing my silky pijamas, but I like that style.
I didn’t go crazy with my jewelries or make up, I wanted to stay minimal (for once).
Wearing: ZARA shirt - BROOKLYN&BROOME silk pants – ZARA leather perfecto – VINTAGE fur – FOREVER21 shoes - LOBO GATO necklace – ZORA BY L bracelet – ZARA bag
What do you think of the outfit?
How freaking obvious is that title!?
What’s up? Did you have a good weekend?
As you probably know, I went to London last wednesday, until thursday, for 24hours of fun. And for Primark. But it was SO MUCH FUN.
First of all, we were a great bunch of people, some that I knew, some that I didn’t, but somehow the magic happened between all of us.
Second of all: the organisation was super great (big big thanks to Bérénice and Primark)
Third of all: what could go wrong when you’re in AWESOME LONDON?
And last but not least: It’s Primark we’re talking about, of course the trip is so DAMN COOL
On the night we arrived, after dropping our bags in the more than awesome Great Nothern Hotel (just accross the streat from St Pancras – smart move Primark, SMART MOVE) we went for dinner at Oscar.
Just by putting Malin+Goetz products, you can tell the GNH has great taste
Oscar is a really nice and chic restaurant located in Charlotte street. What I will definitly remember of it is how nice the staff was, how freaking good the food was… and yes, how amazing their cocktail menu – and their cocktails – were.
Potato pancakes, wild mushrooms, gorgonzola and rucola
Red snaper, king prowns, bok shoy and asian broth
And more cocktails
It was a really fun night getting to know everyone. What did I wear you’re wondering? Well, I had a really hard time packing for London. I hate dressing up for winter. And I didn’t have much inspiration. Then an idea popped into my head. It felt right, even though it’s not the kind of outfit I usually wear. It was all about black and white… but you’ll have to wait until tomorrow to discover the complete outfit!
We headed back to the hotel for a great night of sleep, in one of the most exquisite bed I had the chance to sleep in, in my entire life. Thursday morning, late wake up thanks to smart organisation, I could take my time in the morning before heading for breakfast. Breakfast was served in a beautiful room, and was oh soo yummy.
Next step was going to the Primark Press Days, the actual purpose of this trip (nop, it wasn’t trying out most of the cocktails at Oscar’s). I was blown away by how cool was the collection, and how cheap (money wise) it is. I want to be next summer already! I’ll show you my favourite parts of the collection, later on this week.
Getting ready for summer 2014 thanks to Primark
After the excitement of seeing next summer’s collection, we
headed ran to the closest Primark store to do some mean shopping. The closest shop was actually the new one, located at Tottenham Court, and it’s HUGE. I ran up and down, in between the different floors and aisle. I narrowed it down to two HUGE bags of closing and accessories, for a few pennies (alright, a little more than that). If you want I could show you what I got? You wanna??
After that, and a quickly devoured burger + obligatory onions rings at Burger King (thank god they’re right next door to Primark), Dorothée and I walked to Oxford street to have a look at River Island and Topshop. River Island was better than expected, and I found an amazing dress, which I can’t wait to wear.
And then, it was time to go already. Quick pick up of our luggages at the hotel, then headed to St Pancras.
Thank you Primark for such an amazing time, thank you Bérénice for such an amazing organisation/smile/being the funny and kind person that you are, and last but not least, thank you London for still being yourself – that’s how I love you.
Let’s meet tomorrow right here to see what I was wearing to dinner my dears!
About 2 weeks ago I went to Paris to discover the Spring/Summer collection of 3 Suisses.
The collection brought me straight to a beach in a paradise island full of coconut trees. The prints and the colors were just so bright and amazing, it was really something exciting to discover.
I have to say, my favourite part of the collection, is, as wierd as it can be, their underwear. I loved the shape, the colors, the details. I would love to have it all… yeah, I’m just that kind of girl. Most of the pictures I took were picture of bras and panties, but they were, to me, the best part of the collection
Isn’t so cute?
And now, for the rest of my « coup de coeur«
A bunch of fun printed bikinis
Very cute scalloped ballerinas
Pretty white jacket
Love the simplicity of this
Thanks again 3 Suisses for the great event! I have a lot of fun… and the tea was delicious
Today’s subject is kind of unusual for me: decoration. I like it, but barely never paid attention to it. Things change though, and since I have to move into my own apartment, my own place, that’s only mine, my cocoon, my world… well, I’ve gotten VERY interested by decoration. By making my home an extension of myself… or at least trying to do so.
I like a lot of things, lots of different styles, but what I love the most is colorful homes. Sometimes unexpected, sometimes extravagant, sometimes a little crazy, but I feel that’s what represent me the most.
Here is my inspiration
Do you like it? Where do you get your inspiration?
If you want to follow more of my inspiration pics, follow my Pinterest Board.
Oh, and by the way, if you know any good places in/around Brussels OR on the internet for great decoration/furnitures (which are not over expensive), do not hesitate to share it with me at email@example.com - Thanks!
Today I want to share with you an outfit I wore last week. Sadly, the same problem still occurs, I didn’t have anybody to take the picture.
I made a few try out inside the apartment but the result isn’t that great… I’m still working on finding new solutions
At least, I can show you a tiny bit of what I was wearing, which is: my fabulous Acne skirt. I bought it in NYC in august, and it’s been waiting for its big day in my closet. Because that skirt is so big, but also so warm (you should see how wide is the fabric itself), I had to wait for the first cold days to arrive.
I love how this skirt has a wow effect to it, and I can’t wait to wear it again!
At night, I switched the denim shirt for a silk white blouse, and my boots for heels.
Wearing: CAROLL jumper – ZARA denim shirt – ACNE skirt – SACHA boots – WOLFORD tights – LOBO GATO necklace
I haven’t done an Instagram post in like forever! Since there have been some great pics, especially party pictures, I thought I’d share some of the love with you. How about that uh?
If you never come party at Jeux d’Hiver, well… you’re missing out!
Family picture at the Catclub party – typical much?
Having drinks with some hot and stylish chics
Typical Lulu pose
What’s best than partying with your girls?
Lost in a sparkly jungle, in between 2 parties
Isn’t THAT a happy bartender!
Being very Libertine, and a little bit Supersport.
Just hanging around with my friend Marine
Because Saturday means Jeux d’Hiver, because Jeux d’Hiver means Fitnessclub, because Fitnessclub means 80′s, because 80′s means FUN!
Follow me @lucievd
An outfit! For real!
Sometimes I make an effort… No, that’s not it exactly. Sometimes I have the courage to harass someone in the street so they can take my picture. Yesterday the harassment was made on my friend Jey who did a great job at shooting my outfit.
This outfit features my brand new pants from Athe Vanessa Bruno (I told you about it here). Isn’t it great? I mean, sometime it does feel like wearing pijama pants BUT:
- even though, isn’t it so cool, and colorful and fun (especially during those grey autumn/winter coming days)
- who doesn’t like to wear a pijama? it’s even better to wear it all day long!
I wanted the pants to be the star of the outfit, so I played it safe next to it with soft colors.
What’s best than a huge scarf to wrap yourself in during cold days, uh?
Wearing: ABERCROMBIE&FITCH jumper – FOREVER21 tee – ATHE VANESSA BRUNO pants – NEW BALANCE sneakers – MEXX via 3SUISSES belt – SAM EDELMAN bag – HUMANOID scarf – LADY GUILMOT beanie – LOBOGATO necklace
Today I want to share with you the outfit I was wearing to celebrate the 10 years of the magazine Elle Belgium.
I wanted to wear something chic (it was kind of the theme), but still be myself.
I immediately knew that I wanted to wear those cat ears with the little veil. It’s out of stock on Asos, so I stole it to my friend Isa (thanks again honey!). Choosing the top was pretty easy too, I bought this one last week at H&M, and I’m madly in love with it. It’s very simple, but looks great. The problem was the bottom part; a pants was too hard to find with the right cut. A skirt was the perfect match, but I had to find the right one. It couldn’t be too low on my stomach, and not too high either. And with the right shape. And black. And chic. Talk to me about a nightmare.
Then, all of a sudden, I remembered that I had this beautiful Alexander Wang skirt hanging in my closet for MONTHS.
Ok really poor quality of picture, sorry about that…
I bought this little beauty back in January during the sales, at Lady Dandy. I’ve loved it ever since, even though it’s not something I can wear everyday. And it was magically the perfect match to the rest of my outfit.
Now, I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves
With my friend François
The ELLE party was followed by an amazing night at Anarchic… Things got a little wild
And just like that, in between two dancemoves, Felix DaHouscat became my bestfriend
Thanks again Elle for the great party!