I’ve been wanting to write something about the show Girls for a while now.
Every episode I watch makes me think about myself, my life, my situation, my relationships, all and all, everything.
This is a show you can actually relate to. When most of the shows you watch makes you dream, or transport you in an imaginary world. With Girls though, it’s more of the everyday life we all live, we all the shitty parts.
They are or about to be 25, have no idea on which direction to go, completely lost. They’re also lost in their love stories. It’s just a big mess. And, at least on a personnal basis (and as sad as it seems to say) I so fucking relate to that. The only big advantage they have is New York City.
But honestly, who can relate to, I don’t know, Carrie Bradshaw? Blair Waldorf? Zoe Hart? Amanda Clarke?
I surely can’t!
So today I wanted to recap some Girls fun facts, some funny or really true quotes, and all in all, why I love Girls so much
For Anna’s outfits choices. Sometimes pretty cool, sometimes sooo horribly bad. Which makes it so GOOD
Definitely love how Hannah is confident in herself, and how she wears such pieces as this crop top, I would never dare to wear.
On wearing the most questionable outfit of all times while saying one of my new favourite quotes
(in case you haven’t noticed, she does not weat a bra underneath her top)
When Hannah walks around a small town, for almost an entire afternoon, only wearing her bikinis
To watch the life of the weirdest fictional human being, Adam
For the kind of thing they say, that I tell myself everyday
To watch Jessa living on another planet
« Okay, so you look, like, totally gorgeous, as always. Umm. And, like, very current. I’m just wondering if it’s maybe, like, a little bit threatening… for babysitting.
I can see your belly button. »
And at the end of the day, enjoying the story of a group of girlfriends who love each other, hate other, scream, laugh, dance, party, drink, get married, get crazy…. and you kinda feel like you’re a part of it
I did not know this kind of things still existed (I know it did, back in Skyblog era, when Mark Sukerberg was still in High School), but apparently it does. And it’s fun! I’ve been tagged (as they say) by my friend Nadia from Simple&Funky. It took some time to figure out what to say, but when I did, I actually had too much to say… typical me.
I don’t think starting this article with a picture of us as kids is part of the deal, but it’s way more fun I think.
So here we go, come and discover my dirty little secrets
11 things (or more like 12) you don’t know about me
- I know they say fashion bloggers are all about cupcakes and macaroons, but here’s the news: I don’t really like cupcakes
- I don’t like champagne that much. I’ll have a flute maybe. I’ll enjoy a piscine with ice cubes and violette syrup. On the other hand, I would die (okay, little exaggerating) for a good dark rhum & coke. And I don’t drink wine!
- I’m actually not such a sweet kinda girl, I’m more on the salty side. I would love way more to eat a big amount of guacamole, than a big bag of candies.
- I have a brother. He’s not particularly present on this blog, but he’s alive. He’s 23, pretty handsome (but in a relationship) and his name is Hermès.
I heard we look like each other… I can’t tell
- I do like to speak about girly stuff on this blog, but I’m not that girly in my everyday life. I barely never wear make up on an everyday basis. Girly talks easily drive me crazy, don’t even mention a diet to me!
- My bestfriend doesn’t really care about fashion even though she likes clothes. She often thinks that I’m crazy, and there’s nothing more refreshing than having her in my life.
- I can look really eccentric, but deep down I’m a really shy person. It makes me look unfriendly and sometimes arrogant, but I swear to god I’m not. After a few drinks though, I’m a lot nicer and not shy at all anymore.
- I love TV shows&series, and I’m addicted to the ones about food. I watch every season of Top Chef and Master Chef, French AND American version.
- That might sound weird, but I barely don’t read blogs or magazines. I don’t like to get too inspired about what we’re « supposed » to wear, what’s « fashion » right now. I usually follow my guts, and it’s always been working pretty well.
- I always secretly dreamed of designing my own clothes, but always been too scared of it.
- I have an imaginary friend called Casper since many years, he’s pretty cool.
Here we are having a blast. And yes, he’s a fast drinker
The 11 questions from Nadia:
1. What do you do to relax ?
I hang around at home, in my onesie Hello Kitty pijama. I usually take place in my sofa, and not move for the rest of the day. Then it goes from watching stupid things on TV, to my favourite Series on my laptop and drink a few litters of Yogi Tea (Detox in general). It never gets better than this.
2. Is there something you eat/drink that everyone thinks is disgusting but you think it’s awesome ?
Most of my girlfriends don’t understand my love for rhum & coke. Besides that, I eat a lot of veggies, very healthy stuff, and don’t like fastfood, it seems weird to a lot of people.
3. What is your worst bad habit ?
I’m kind of messy, and I can’t help it. It’s just a part of me. Sometimes I try to make things better, but my bad habits always find their way back. It has always driven the people I’ve lived with completely crazy.
4. What do you do when you’re drunk ?
I keep drinking HAHA. And I dance. And take really weird poses, while making funny faces. I also talk to strangers who suddenly become my best friends.
If I’m allowed to, I dance on the bar. And I laugh a lot
Then I take pictures of all of those different steps
5. What do you do to save the planet ?
I recycle. And I don’t own a car (even if sometimes I wish I did)
6. Who’s the person you admire the most ?
There’s a few people. It might sound cheesy but both of my parents probably share the first place.
My dad has ambition, crazy ideas and did some amazing things with his life. He has more strengths than I’ve never seen with any other human being.
My mom is very inspirational, she helps me in every steps of my life, she motivates me. It sometimes feels like she’s about to conquer the world, all by herself, in her own way, and that’s impressive. She got where she is today all by herself (so did my dad), and that’s a big inspiration to me.
On a more general point of view, I admire a lot Diane Von Furstenberg, and Leandra Medine.
DVF because I’m impressed that this belgian lady was able to create such an amazing empire, become such a role model on the US ground. Plus, I love her energy, her designs,… She’s incredible!
I look up to Leandra Medine, aka the Man Repeller, because she was able to put her « weakness » as a strength. I kind of feel more confident in the way I actually want to dress since I’ve discovered her blog. It’s not always been easy to assume my own style, but I’m trying to make it a strength as well.
7. What do you cook for people when you want to impress them ?
I generally go for Gyozas… But it really depends on what the person likes and also what I’m into cooking at that very moment. Sometimes, I really like making desserts so I go for killing Apple Crumble or Apple Tarts. Right now I’m more into soups. I’m like a surprise pocket, you never know what you’re gonna get!
8. What do you think is your body’s best feature ?
I really like my hands… And my boobs. Sometimes I really like my legs as well.
9. Have you ever said something that you regretted ? What was it ?
Nothing comes to mind. But I know I can have my bitchy moments, and say things that will hurt other people, even though it wasn’t meant to hurt them.
10. Tell me about your most shameful moment !
(this is definitly the kind of things I forget, and that my bestfriend love to remind me. So I asked her what was my biggest shame. She first said the list was VERY long…)
I then decided choosing only one was being selfish, so here we go:
- A few years back, I was partying at my favourite club. At the end of the night, I clearly had a little too much to drink, and decided to go. When arrived the time of finding my ticket to get my jacket back, it seemed impossible to find. At some point, a bunch of ticket fell on the floor from my wallet. They were actually a bunch of ticket from Zara and H&M, but I really liked them (it seems) and wanted them all back. All my friends helped me get them from the floor, and I only benched down to pick up ONE of them.
- « back in the days », I used to spend all of my saturday night’s at Dirty Dancing. Upstairs, they used to have a big mattress in the middle of the floor, and I used to love dancing on it. One day, I was wearing heels (strange move from me), and decided to take them off, to avoid falling down from the mattress. I took off my shoes… and was stupid enough to fall down. In a moment of cleverness (really?) I decided to look at my foot because I know the floor was full of broken glasses. BINGO! I then headed to the bathroom which were two floors below. People were able to follow me thanks to the blood I was leaving behind.
- I once was invited to a party that was ALL about drinking shots. How stupid that sounds already, right? Anyway, after trying every flavor available, I did feel a little sick. I took a cab, to go back to my bestfriends home where I was sleeping that night (even though she wasn’t even there). I don’t remember what happened after, but apparently I made it back but lost my purse (it actually was my BFF’s Louis Vuitton purse) which contained my camera (with photos of another party I would of liked never to share). Apparently I also vomited in the bath, and part of it on my bestfriend’s mom jeans that were hanging there. I always thought I had an evil twin that night, because I never think I could of done that. Still, my friends really enjoy making fun of me since that day.
- Last but not least, many years ago, after a fun party, I randomnly hooked up with a guy in a club. It never happens to me (I’m just that shy), but he was charming, and from what he said, not living in Brussels, just in town for a few days. A few weeks later, I was having dinner at a restaurant downtown with friends. We had the first table in the restaurant and I was facing the entrance. Imagine my face when my stranger entered the restaurant. I think I went from red, to purple, and to blue, to end up practicly under the table. Great moment of glory.
11. If you could try a complete other job for a whole month, what would it be ?
I would love to be a cook in a restaurant. It sounds exciting, even though it seems really hard.
Thanks Nadia for tagging me
Now it’s MY turn héhé. I’m passing the chain to: Charlotte & Gaëlle (Blondie Market), Sarah & Chloé (Brussels Kitchen), Sophie (Alerte à Liège), Anouk (Anouk Meets Fashion), Luigi (Tellement Lui), Aphrodite (The Fashion Folio), Gregory de Vos (Monsieur de Vos), Emma (Au goût d’Emma), Marianne (Steve&Charlie), Dorothée (Dorothydancing – you’re not going to skip this!), Nathalie & Ruth (The Merrymakers)
Now, you guys have to tell me (us) 11 things we do not know about you, and answer my 11 questions (I was inspired, you’ll see)!
- What’s on top of you Christmas Wishlist?/ De quoi rêves-tu pour Noël?
- If you could have the life of ANYBODY, for the next week, who would it be?/ Si tu pouvais vivre la vie de n’importe qui pour une semaine, la vie de qui choisirais-tu?
- Tell me about your BEST drunk story / Raconte moi ta meilleure histoire de soirée alcoolisée
- What’s your favourite expression? / Quelle est ton expression préférée
- How will you name your children? / Quels noms donneras-tu à tes futurs enfants?
- Which movie do you secretly watch because you’re the only one that find it funny? / Quel film regarde tu secretement car tu es le seul à le trouver drole?
- What’s your killing entering sentence to pick up a guy/a girl in a bar or a club? / Quelle est ta meilleure phrase pour draguer un mec/une nana dans un bar ou une boite?
- Have you ever stolen something? If yes, what was it? / As-tu déjà volé quelque chose? Si oui, c’était quoi?
- Miley Cyrus or Britney Spears? / Miley Cyrus ou Britney Spears?
- What’s your ALL TIME favourite song? / Quelle est ta chanson préférée de tout les temps?
- Tomorrow, you somehow earn 1.000.000€, what is the first thing you do? / Demain, tu reçois la somme de 1.000.000€, quelle est la première chose que tu fais!?
**Good luck guys**
I have discovered Isabel Marant many years ago, when she wasn’t « Isabel Marant » yet. She was a designer that made clothes that had an easy vibe, that could be sometimes very androgyne, or sometimes very feminine at the same time. It spoke to my little fashion heart right away.
Then, a few years later, she made her sneakers, and from then, everything went very fast, very big. I still loved her designs and her clothes, but they seemed less attractive when wanted by the entire planet. Still keeping her vibe in my mind, and in my way of dressing up. I wouldn’t rush and go buy the piece of clothing I would run into in the streets, but I would try to find old season’s pieces with that Isabel Marant touch, without being too obvious.
And then, H&M announced the big news: their next collaboration with Isabel Marant.
I’m not going to lie, it sounded very exciting, but at the same time, it was the opposite of what I always expected of IM. Even though she became very very big in the past years, she kinda always stayed that crazy parisian with a very specific point of view on how to dress women. Dressing in IM has become something cool because it’s trendy, even though it doesn’t always match with the personality wearing the clothes.
The thing that I was finding really exciting was finding out what she had created for H&M. She is such a creative person with crazy ideas, I expected her to go a little crazy, but always with her own touch. I wanted to see something NEW. I wanted to see what she was able to do when reaching such a large public, thanks to H&M.
Then, everything fell a little flat when we finally saw the collection. Most of the pieces are things that I’ve seen way too much on blogs, or in and around fashion weeks, and so on. I don’t get the point. Oh well, I kind of did when I saw a few minutes of one of Isabel’s interview. She said that she receives a lot of letters of « fans » saying they love what she does but can not afford it. She thought then that she would do some of her « master » pieces to be available to everyone*
It made a little more sense. But then again, I don’t understand why anyone would go through so much trouble, and pay a price that is of course definitly cheaper than the originial one (and so is the quality) – but still in some cases, a big amount of money – to own something that so many girls and women around the world will have too!?
And my last concern about all of this is: the organisation. If you ever think, wherever you are, that you can show up early tomorrow morning at H&M, I honestly think you are dreaming. I remember waking up for Marni (one of the collection I was so impressed with: the creativity of the design, the quality of the products and the super cheap price!) and even by being there at 5AM, we were not the first ones… and it was MARNI. A brand that a few people have never even heard of. So Isabel Marant, and especially with all the communication around it? I’d get there tonight if I was you. Oh wait, that’s not it yet!
When going for Marni (you can read the recap of the morning HERE), there was a real organisation, the first fifteen in line were the first group, which had 15minutes to shop, the next fifteen were group 2 with the same amount of time to shop and so on. Even by only being fifteen, with 15 minutes and being Marni, it was already WAR in the Marni shopping zone of H&M!
For Isabel Marant though (and from what I heard), there is no such thing. It will be like releasing lions. They will open the doors, and first come, first serve, and that’s it.
To be honest: I’m expecting dead bodies.
I have to say, I’m tempted come, when the war is over, around 10AM, and see how it went, and the damages
And next time I want to buy some Isabel Marant, I will just go to my favourite shop Lady Dandy, and I’m sure I’ll find some great IM pieces, of real quality, and cheaper price, just like this top
I’m curious though, what DO YOU think of this collaboration?
FIY: the collection of Isabel Marant for H&M launches tomorrow everywhere. It will be available at H&M rue Neuve (flagship store) and H&M chaussée d’Ixelles
*Everyone meaning people who can take a day off to wait in line. Meaning as well somebody who runs really fast, and can fight with that b*tch who wants the same top.
Today we’re going to talk about something a little different than usual.
As you may know, October is the month of the Breast Cancer Awareness (BCA). Estée Lauder, who supports the Breast Cancer Foundation since 1992 (with its own campaign « Breast Cancer Awareness » and they also help the research against Breast Cancer), and keeps fighting since then, invited me for a day at La Rasante in Brussels to talk about Breast Cancer and their campaign.
I really wanted to participate and to be present because even though it’s not something I usually talk about, it felt important to me. I do think we all know someone who has, or has had breast cancer. If not, someone who’s had cancer. Cancer is a battle, a battle that we have to fight as a group, and that we should all try to prevent as early as possible.
We started our day with a gym class, something I hadn’t done in years, and I really think it’s sad that they were no videos taken, because it would definitly have been the funny part of this article! Starting the day with gym was the symbol that everybody should do sport, as it is something that definitly keeps your body in shape.
Right after gym class, we had the Dr Pia Cox come and talk to us. She is specialized in breast cancer, so she gave us really important informations, as well as giving us great answer to our question.
Here are the main point of this discussion, the ones we should all keep in mind:
- 1/3 of cancers can be prevented by an healthy way of living (for example: being overweight is really dangerous)
- 3/4 of Breast Cancers are diagnosed to women over 50′s
- alcohol is known to be an important factor in breast cancer
- doing at least 30min of exercise per day, everyday. It can be simply walking.
- 26 womens are diagnosed with breast cancer PER DAY in Belgium
- Breast Cancer is the first cause of death for women in Belgium
- 98% of early stage breast cancer are healed
She also gave me a great information: I had ALWAYS heard that deodorant could cause Breast Cancer, but the Dr Pia Cox told us it had NEVER been proved, in any researched aroud the world.
Though, taking the pill, and especially taking it since an early age could be a factor. As a matter of fact, I do think the pill does a lot of shitty stuff to your body, and if you can avoid it, I definitly think you should.
We then had a talk with people from the Development / Fundraising Expert at BIG asbl (Breast International Group asbl). It was really interesting but also very specific, and I’m not really sure of how important it would be to you, so I’m skipping this part.
We finally had a talk with Aline Ways, a nutritionist.
She was really interesting and inspiring. She gave us important element to bring into our everyday diet, things that would prevent, or at least help to prevent breast cancer.
- the cabage family (brocoli, cabage, brussels sprouts,…)
- shiitake mushrooms
- curcuma for the spices
- and bring a lot of fibers into our dishes
Another big focus point is to eat good quality product, and KNOW what we eat. It is definitly better to cook our own dishes instead of buying something that is already done, since we can not control what was put into our food, and then into our bodies.
Here is a little recap of what Estée Lauder compagnies does to fight, and to prevent breast cancer
Also, and this is from my own judgement, from what I have learned. All of these advices are good, and important. But I think that taking care of yourself, means also taking care of your head. I do think that we are now in a society that understands that if you go see a therapist, it’s not because you are crazy. It is something very important to make sure you stay in good shape because believe it or not, you head as a lot to do with your body, and its medical conditions.
Now I want to illustrate this article with a few picture from the SCAR Project (the first picture of this article is also from the same project).
I wanted to represent this article with beautiful photos, but it is hard to find photos that represent cancer and are still beautiful. Then I thought of the SCAR project I had heard of a while ago. I find those images to be so very touching, very true, but also very beautiful.
« The SCAR Project is a series of large-scale portraits of young breast cancer survivors shot by fashion photographer David Jay. Primarily an awareness raising campaign, The SCAR Project puts a raw, unflinching face on early onset breast cancer while paying tribute to the courage and spirit of so many brave young women. »
Does quarter life crisis exist? Yes, I’m turning 25 soon, and even if maybe in a few decades I will want to go back to this very moment, right now I’m scared. I find 25 scary.
I always felt like at 25 you’re suppose to know where you are, and where you’re headed. You’re suppose to be established. Starting a career, having a stable relationship, an apartment… Alright it gets boring I admit.
It scares me because sometimes I feel like I’m nowhere. Especially professionally speaking. I used to picture me at 25, so confident in my working abilities and career decisions. Well, I feel confident about my working abilities, but not so sure about those career decisions.
Let me tell you a secret: I have NO IDEA what I want to do. I find it hard today to find something specific you want to do with your life. There are so many options, opportunities, new jobs created everyday. Oh, and so far, blogging is not my job, just to make things clear even though that sounds like a really fun job.
Right now I’m working part time as an assistant producer in cinema, but to be honest, this is going nowhere. Cinema’s fun, but that’s not my thing. Fashion’s MA thing, YA KNO. Fashion is so extended though, so diverse. There’s like a 100 different jobs, and all of them are so interesting. Where to go, what to do?
I’m just so lost. Do you know the feeling? When the world surrounding you at this very moment doesn’t feel right?
So what’s the solution here? Start all over again? Somewhere new? Somewhere exciting? Or keep things the way they are and wait until things turn around your way?
Turning 25 brings out so many questions, and life changing decisions. That’s the scary part.
On the other hand, because this was ALL a little too negative. I find 25 very exciting. Because if I want to start all over again, I can. I have the time, the energy and the opportunity. 25 means a bunch of friends that you can enjoy without too many babies so far (even though the ones who are here already are just too cute). 25 means parties! You do know how much I love a good party!
Even I may be a little hard on myself from time to time, just because I had pictured that I’d know exactly where I wanted to be this far in life, I’m proud of myself too. For what I have accomplished until now. And this blog is a big part of it. It brought me confidence, joy, experience, discoveries, and much more. And it brought me you dear readers. I wouldn’t be here without you.
In only a few feeks, the blog is also having his birthday, 3 years already, can you believe it? And let me tell you, we’re going to celebrate (I’ll tell you more about it later).
So guys, how DO YOU feel about 25 uh? Been there, done that? Expecting it? Scared of it? Tell me all about it, I want to know!
Photo by Mireille Roobaert
I barely never mention or talk about the main reason why I created this blog, which was, as the name says it, to be a Fashion Coach. Not a personal shopper. My goal is to coach on how to dress on an every day basis, without « having » to buy new clothes.
It’s to re-interpret your wardrobe, the way you see your clothes, the way you see yourself, and how to remodel all of that.
Today, I wanted to introduce to you a new concept I’ve been thinking about since a few months. I mentioned it already in the « Concept » page, but I thought it would be interesting to share it here with you, and eventually get your feedback.
I would like to do help you and your girlfriends before a night out. Either it’s for a birthday party, a bachelorette party, forgetting an ex and looking fabulous party, whatever works for you.
How does it work?
I’ll meet you at the place you have chosen (someone’s home is definitly more confortable). Every one of the girls needs to bring 5 to 10 items from their wardrobe (including accessories and shoes) and a little bit of make up.
I gatter all of the clothes together
Which will allow me to create a look for everyone. Of course I take in consideration what everyone likes or dislikes, but I definitely add my touch and try to make you wear something you would never thought off.
When everyone is dressed, I’ll help and advise you with your hair and makeup.
When everyone is ready, I’ll leave you to enjoy your crazy night!
It usually takes from 1 to 2 hours, depending on how many you are.
To good thing is, you can divide the cost with all of you, which makes it pretty cheap!
So, what do you think? Should we plan a party anytime soon?
Ps: If you have any questions, or if you’re interested, contact me right this way
Last night, the Met Gala took place in New York City. Once again, it was all about the red carpet and beautiful dresses.
Here is the best and the worst of the Red Carpet
Allisson Williams in Altuzarra
Beautiful. I like the patchwork of the different fabric and the see through parts. Sexy and chic
Anthony Vaccarello and Anja Rubik in Anthony Vaccarello
I really LOVE the structure of the dress, the fact that it’s in leather, the metallic part… And her casual hair. It’s a really great balance.
Sofia Coppola in Marc Jacobs and Marc Jacobs in Comme des Garçons
I love Sofia’s outfit, with a PJ’s feel to it. Next to her, Marc Jacobs is just looking awesome (and handsome) with his dotted suit and converse (!!!!)
Bee Shaffer and Anna Wintour in Chanel Houte Couture
I didn’t really care for Bee Shaffer. But Anna, WTF!? What is this? An old tablecloth? EW
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen
These two are just wierdos. Are they on drugs?
Anne Hathaway in Valentino and Valentino
I do not understand what the hell happened to her hair. It makes her face looks so pale. And that dress is definitly not flattering!
Blake Lively in Gucci
It’s classic but with funky touches. It’s very pretty and she is just so beautiful
Madonna in Givenchy Haute Couture
WHY? (going so far in the theme!?) You’re over fifty girl. But this is so her, isn’t it?
Joan Smalls in Tom Ford and Tom Ford
BEAUTIFUL. I want the dress. And her body as well.
Beyonce in Givenchy Haute Couture
Beyonce I love you but WHY? This is really not possible. What are those, flames!?
Chloë Sevigny in Proenza Schouler
This looks really simple, but I love the details. How the fabric crosses in the front, how it is see through but not too much, the way it opens on the legs. Great hair turban as well.
Kristen Stewart in Stella Mc Cartney
Dakota Fanning in Rodarte
Simple but very chic. Love the cut outs on the sides and the easy hairdo.
Kim Kardashian in Givenchy
So, it’s exactly when she’s pregnant and weight probably 2.000 kilos that Kim K decides NOT to wear black anymore. LOGICAL.
And the shoes matching the dress? NOT EVER
Cameron Diaz in Stella Mc Cartney
Ok, so it’s not ugly. But this looks ages her like at least 10 to 15 years older!
Emma Watson in Prabal Gurung
I’m in love. With the dress, but with her as well. Her style is just always so perfect. Trendy but not too much, fitting her perfectly with just the right amount of sexy.
Kerry Washington in Vera Wang
This looks SO dated. My grandma would probably love to wear the same print.
Jessica Biel in Giambattista Valli
Hahaha. Are you being serious? Are those leggings, for real? On a red carpet? You’re KILLING me!
What was your best and your worst!?
Ps: I forgot to mention that this year’s theme was PUNK. Though, it doens’t change anything from what I think of these outfits!
Today I wanted to talk to you about tattoos. With the years going by, it seems that tattoos are becoming a real trend, something everybody’s got to have.
At first, and by that I mean thousands of years ago, it ment being part of a group, a religious sign,… It was something really spiritual. In some cases, it is still that way, especially as a way to be part of a group: a gang, bikers,…
Today though, it seems it has simply become part of a routine, everybody is doing (at least) one; big or small, with colors or not, hided or not,… It feels like it’s just another piece of garment of a new accessory that has been part of the trend for a few years and everyone is craving for it.
Is ANYBODY remembering that it will last FOREVER? Are you still going to rock that huge tattoo on your arm/cleavage/ankle in 30 years? You feel rock’n'roll right now with your denim shirt, oversized tank tops or other cropped tops. What about in a few years? When you’ll have a serious jobs, kids? Will you still be rock’n'roll?
And more importantly, does that tattoo means anything or was it just cute?
The way I see it, a tattoo is made for yourself, to remind you of a good memory, and have a real meaning.
To be completely honest, I have a tattoo. Barely no one knows about it, because that’s clearly not why I did it. I did it to remind me of a great experience, of beautiful memories, the design itself represents a lot for me also. I did it 6 years ago, and I’ve never regret it.
The only problem is, when you do one tattoo, you want to go for the next one right away. But I didn’t because I know I might regret it.
If I had to go for it though, here’s what I would go for: something simple, cute and hided where most of the time, I’m the only one who can see it, just like my first one!
Ok, clearly this one is placed where everyone can see it, but still, I love how it’s small and minimalistic.
If there’s one other advice I can give you, is that if you’re not sure if it will age well, wait 30 years. If you still want to do it, it will look great then, I’m sure!
Girls, I don’t get you
I don’t mean to be rude; I’m a girl as well (or am I?). I love playing dressing up, and I love beauty stuff. Since I’m a girl, I believe I can talk more freely about this than if I was a man.
But honestly, there are a few things I don’t understand about girls:
- Heels. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE heels. I find them pretty, I’ll even use the word attractive (for a few of them), yup, I’m just that crazy. BUT, those beauties hurt. A LOT. I’m a 24 years old, without a car, walking my way trough my city everyday. Sadly I’m not Carrie Bradshaw, and I cannot afford taking cabs every 2 minutes (and let’s be honest, cabs in Brussels are extremely more expensive than in Manhattan). I’m also a 24 old who likes to party. P-A-R-T-Y. Not just sip a glass of champagne with my girlfriends until midnight, when, just like Cinderella, I’ll go to sleep. No, I enjoy going to clubs and dance the night away (that means the end of the night, or, the beginning of the day, however you want to see it). HOW the hell are you suppose to survive in killer heels dancing all night long? Is that even possible? Do you have Martian feet?
My point is, heels are not an obligation for a party outfit. Flat shoes can be just as pretty, maybe not as sexy though.
I did try to find a picture of me in a party outfit wearing flat shoes. Sadly, I never took picture of it. Also, I’m cheating a little bit. I usually wear heels, until they hurt too much (17 minutes later), and always bring either flats or sneakers that match my outfit.
- Also, after the heels, let me talk about short skirts (like really short), deep cleavages, and second skin dresses. Honestly girls, that’s certainly not the only way to be sexy. Of course it depends on what you’re looking for. If it’s a one night stand, you’re definitely in the right direction. Good point is, you won’t have to wear your killer heels for that long In the contrary, if you’re looking for something more serious, be sexy with your brain, I (on a personal basis) find that even more attractive. And a skirt that is too short or a cleavage that is too deep can both quickly become vulgar. Or at least, try to have some balance; with a mini skirt, wear a big shirt, something oversize and masculine. With big cleavage, please do not wear push up. Even with small boobs, it will look even better with no bra on. Don’t be scared, see how great that looks.
And if you’re comfortable with not wearing bra’s, wear open back! It’s sexy but subtle. I love it!
- DROP THE CHAMPAGNE for god’s sake! I’m sorry, but I always find that so ridiculous that women should, or OBVIOULSY love champagne. Honestly, I don’t. I like it, once in a while, and usually because there’s nothing else. I barrely never enjoy it though, it gives me stomach ache, and my head is killing me the day after. I’m going to break some news to you, for the ones who haven’t notice yet, your breath smells AWEFULL! I feel like most girls who drink champagne want to look chic, and attractive while sipping their glass, but as soon as they open their mouth, it all fades away! When, next to them, men are drinking whiskey, vodka or rhum. It has already happened to me, in clubs, that boys come to me and offer me a glass of champagne, while they order some real drink. Then, I’m like, DUDE, I want a real drink too!
What you see in my left hand is a real drink. And yes, dancing on the bar is way more fun than on the dancefloor!
(I’m not even going to mention the ones who drink WINE in clubs. Wine, SERIOUSLY?)
- Make-up. I love make-up, and I love playing with it… IN MY BATHROOM. I don’t understand people who wear make-up everyday, who cannot even go out of their house without it. I’ve heard thousands of excuses until this very day, but honestly, my point of view still hasn’t changed. I find a girl beautiful, even without tons of make-up. Especially during the day, be natural! You’re not walking down a runway here, you’re just going to the supermarket! Then they say “imagine I meet the boy of my dreams at the supermarket”!? Well, here’s some news: 1. If he likes you for your make-up (your “beauty”), you’re obviously going in the wrong direction, 2. He’ll have to see you without your make-up at some point, let’s get this over with right away! I only wear make up at night, or when I work. And that doesn’t include lipstick. Strong lipstick with a nude face is more like an accessory than a touch of make up.
Wait, did I mention FAKE NAILS? Uhh, don’t even know what to say about those….
- Diet. Can I start this chapter with diet coke? It looks cool with commercial featuring hot guys (very hot I admit) , or collaboration with the hottest designers out there. Is anyone bottered by the awefull taste, other than me? From my point of view, either drink REAL coke, or if you’re really trying to cut the sugar off, go for some water!
A diet, seriously? What for? Most of the girls I see go on a diet, are already REALLY skinny. I do find skinny pretty, but I’d rather see my friends eat whatever they want, and be healthy. We live only once, eat what makes you happy! Though, try to eat healthy. I have a few tips for you, because yes, it is possible to eat healthy AND yummy dishes! I have a few examples right here if you need ideas. Also, try not to eat in between meals. If it happens once in a while, that’s no big deal, let’s not be freak here. I can totally melt in front of an éclair au moka from Le Saint Aulaye. Drink LOTS of water, and try not to drink sugary drinks. Avoid to drink wine every night as well, it has lots of sugar and the addition of alcohol + anything greasy is never healthy. Please, please, please, STOP the stupid cabage soups, or eating only apples for a week. It’s ridiculous, seriously bad for your body, and you’ll gain all of your weight back a few weeks later!
On a personal basis, I don’t do sport, I sadly don’t have the time. On the other hand, as I said earlier, I don’t have a car, and I walk a lot on a regular basis. It seems stupid but it really helps.
But hey, that’s just my point of view. Be yourself, because at the end of the day, that’s the most important thing (AND BREAK THE RULES!).
Now, a few of you might be wondering « is she really a girl »? A few of the people I work with see me more as a dude than as a lady, but hey, that works for me!
Tomboy Sweater from Filles à Papa
There we go, it finally happened… a sneak peek in my closet!
Organised by color and by kind: first blazers, then pants, skirts and shorts, then blouses, tops and shirts, and finally my dresses (sorry for the blurry picture, but there is sadly no much light coming directly in the closet)
First two piles are mainly basic tees (the ones I use very often) and then in the back (left) my printed tees, and in back (right) my party tees.
On the left are most of my pants and a few jeans, and on the right my skirts and my shorts, plus a few long dresses
My jeans! Rolled up because if they’re not, I wont have enough space for them all. Styleplayground deffinitly inspired me on this one
My heels. My other shoes are either on the floor or hanging in the wardrobe, as you can see in the first picture
Most of my accessories: my belts, necklaces, bracelets, a few earrings, flowers crowns, scarves, glasses and on the box on the right are all my nailpolishes
I hope you enjoyed the tour!