I’m still trying to decorate my home the best way possible, and by that, finding cool and kind of exclusive piece of decoration/furniture.
It’s not an easy task, and it takes time, but it’s possible. And don’t get me wrong, I do like Ikea a lot. And I buy stuff there too. But not all of them. I think it’s good to mix.
My living room: IKEA rug – table found at PETITS RIEN – VINTAGE ashtray – H&M HOME candle and pot – CASA vase – TASCHEN books
Today I want to share with you some of my good addresses. Do not hesitate to share yours in the comments!
Avenue du port, 86C
1000 Bruxelles, Belgique
Got to love H&M home! They don’t have lots and lots of stuff but they have really cute stuff for a very cheap price. I love their cushions, their bathroom accessories,… Usually when I enter the shop, I want to buy everything!
Soon a store opens in Ghent!
I’m always super surprised by what you can find at Hema. They have everything! And since I’ve moved in, I’ve been realy impression with their Home/Decoration section. Super cute, super usefull, super cheap!
Rue Neuve 13, 1000 Bruxelles
My Ex Boyfriend
Online shop with vintage furnitures. You can find some insane stuff!
Les Petits Riens
One of the best way to find some amazing stuff, for a ridiculously small price. For example my new little table/bar for my living room
I paid 20€ for it! It’s important to go often, but it’s worth it (and you make a good action!)
Rue Américaine 101, 1050 Bruxelles
Kif Kef is in the same spirit as « My Ex Boyfriend », but it has more stuff on the website. And I find it usually cheaper…
It’s also always good to have a look at 2ème main.be
I wasn’t able to take lots of outfit photos lately, but I took a few of my daily life so that’s what today’s all about.
In other words: an overload of selfies, food and parties (Is that what my life is really all about!?)
Meet my colleagues
Ready for work!
Taking the kitty out!
And the backstage picture
Partners in crime
Some random OOTD
Lulu from the bronx!
As you know I just moved into my new apartment, which was the PERFECT occasion to make a little selection in my wardrobe, on what to keep, and what to let go.
Even though I really cherish my clothes, I have to let go a few of them, and I would feel better if they kept having a great life with cool girls owning them (wait, am I going completely crazy here!?).
All I’m saying is that, I’m selling some of my stuff. Some old (but everything comes back to fashion at some point, do not forget that!), some not so old. A lot of cool stuff that’s for sure.
Where you ask? Well, nowhere else than at the Café de la Presse, and it will take place at the same time than their 3 years celebration!
When? Today! I mean this afternoon! I mean TONIGHT! Starts at 5PM, finish at 8PM.
Why? The weather is depressing, why not come, shop, have a chat with me, have a coctail with me, I mean, it’s friday night dude!
So, you’re coming!?
Today I want to share with you some snapshots from Amsterdam. As I told you yesterday, I had a lot of fun. Here’s the recap of 2 days in pictures
After some (a lot) of walking around, I made a little stop at « La Place ». It’s pretty awesome! They have lots of fresh produce, all the different kind of food you dream of, big, delicious and fresh smoothies, and all of that for a very unexpensive price. Plus, they have wifi!
Outfit for the fashion show & the party: Forever21 top, H&M skirt, Primark jacket, Zara shoes
The place where the event took place was decorated like a Italian fresh market. It looked awesome and tasted great!
Ready for the show to start!
The after party!
Remember when I told you that the cute guys were hidding in Amsterdam? Well, see for yourself…
Happy New Year guys!
I wish you the best for 2014, and I hope you get everything you want:
Health, happiness, love, family, friends,…. and lots of crazy outfits!
I also want to thank you, because it would never be the same without you guys! 2013 haven’t been the best year, more like a transition for what will hopefully be a better futur. And this blog (and you of course) really helped the transition.
Now, let’s focus on 2014!
Photo by Alex Iberico
I did not know this kind of things still existed (I know it did, back in Skyblog era, when Mark Sukerberg was still in High School), but apparently it does. And it’s fun! I’ve been tagged (as they say) by my friend Nadia from Simple&Funky. It took some time to figure out what to say, but when I did, I actually had too much to say… typical me.
I don’t think starting this article with a picture of us as kids is part of the deal, but it’s way more fun I think.
So here we go, come and discover my dirty little secrets
11 things (or more like 12) you don’t know about me
- I know they say fashion bloggers are all about cupcakes and macaroons, but here’s the news: I don’t really like cupcakes
- I don’t like champagne that much. I’ll have a flute maybe. I’ll enjoy a piscine with ice cubes and violette syrup. On the other hand, I would die (okay, little exaggerating) for a good dark rhum & coke. And I don’t drink wine!
- I’m actually not such a sweet kinda girl, I’m more on the salty side. I would love way more to eat a big amount of guacamole, than a big bag of candies.
- I have a brother. He’s not particularly present on this blog, but he’s alive. He’s 23, pretty handsome (but in a relationship) and his name is Hermès.
I heard we look like each other… I can’t tell
- I do like to speak about girly stuff on this blog, but I’m not that girly in my everyday life. I barely never wear make up on an everyday basis. Girly talks easily drive me crazy, don’t even mention a diet to me!
- My bestfriend doesn’t really care about fashion even though she likes clothes. She often thinks that I’m crazy, and there’s nothing more refreshing than having her in my life.
- I can look really eccentric, but deep down I’m a really shy person. It makes me look unfriendly and sometimes arrogant, but I swear to god I’m not. After a few drinks though, I’m a lot nicer and not shy at all anymore.
- I love TV shows&series, and I’m addicted to the ones about food. I watch every season of Top Chef and Master Chef, French AND American version.
- That might sound weird, but I barely don’t read blogs or magazines. I don’t like to get too inspired about what we’re « supposed » to wear, what’s « fashion » right now. I usually follow my guts, and it’s always been working pretty well.
- I always secretly dreamed of designing my own clothes, but always been too scared of it.
- I have an imaginary friend called Casper since many years, he’s pretty cool.
Here we are having a blast. And yes, he’s a fast drinker
The 11 questions from Nadia:
1. What do you do to relax ?
I hang around at home, in my onesie Hello Kitty pijama. I usually take place in my sofa, and not move for the rest of the day. Then it goes from watching stupid things on TV, to my favourite Series on my laptop and drink a few litters of Yogi Tea (Detox in general). It never gets better than this.
2. Is there something you eat/drink that everyone thinks is disgusting but you think it’s awesome ?
Most of my girlfriends don’t understand my love for rhum & coke. Besides that, I eat a lot of veggies, very healthy stuff, and don’t like fastfood, it seems weird to a lot of people.
3. What is your worst bad habit ?
I’m kind of messy, and I can’t help it. It’s just a part of me. Sometimes I try to make things better, but my bad habits always find their way back. It has always driven the people I’ve lived with completely crazy.
4. What do you do when you’re drunk ?
I keep drinking HAHA. And I dance. And take really weird poses, while making funny faces. I also talk to strangers who suddenly become my best friends.
If I’m allowed to, I dance on the bar. And I laugh a lot
Then I take pictures of all of those different steps
5. What do you do to save the planet ?
I recycle. And I don’t own a car (even if sometimes I wish I did)
6. Who’s the person you admire the most ?
There’s a few people. It might sound cheesy but both of my parents probably share the first place.
My dad has ambition, crazy ideas and did some amazing things with his life. He has more strengths than I’ve never seen with any other human being.
My mom is very inspirational, she helps me in every steps of my life, she motivates me. It sometimes feels like she’s about to conquer the world, all by herself, in her own way, and that’s impressive. She got where she is today all by herself (so did my dad), and that’s a big inspiration to me.
On a more general point of view, I admire a lot Diane Von Furstenberg, and Leandra Medine.
DVF because I’m impressed that this belgian lady was able to create such an amazing empire, become such a role model on the US ground. Plus, I love her energy, her designs,… She’s incredible!
I look up to Leandra Medine, aka the Man Repeller, because she was able to put her « weakness » as a strength. I kind of feel more confident in the way I actually want to dress since I’ve discovered her blog. It’s not always been easy to assume my own style, but I’m trying to make it a strength as well.
7. What do you cook for people when you want to impress them ?
I generally go for Gyozas… But it really depends on what the person likes and also what I’m into cooking at that very moment. Sometimes, I really like making desserts so I go for killing Apple Crumble or Apple Tarts. Right now I’m more into soups. I’m like a surprise pocket, you never know what you’re gonna get!
8. What do you think is your body’s best feature ?
I really like my hands… And my boobs. Sometimes I really like my legs as well.
9. Have you ever said something that you regretted ? What was it ?
Nothing comes to mind. But I know I can have my bitchy moments, and say things that will hurt other people, even though it wasn’t meant to hurt them.
10. Tell me about your most shameful moment !
(this is definitly the kind of things I forget, and that my bestfriend love to remind me. So I asked her what was my biggest shame. She first said the list was VERY long…)
I then decided choosing only one was being selfish, so here we go:
- A few years back, I was partying at my favourite club. At the end of the night, I clearly had a little too much to drink, and decided to go. When arrived the time of finding my ticket to get my jacket back, it seemed impossible to find. At some point, a bunch of ticket fell on the floor from my wallet. They were actually a bunch of ticket from Zara and H&M, but I really liked them (it seems) and wanted them all back. All my friends helped me get them from the floor, and I only benched down to pick up ONE of them.
- « back in the days », I used to spend all of my saturday night’s at Dirty Dancing. Upstairs, they used to have a big mattress in the middle of the floor, and I used to love dancing on it. One day, I was wearing heels (strange move from me), and decided to take them off, to avoid falling down from the mattress. I took off my shoes… and was stupid enough to fall down. In a moment of cleverness (really?) I decided to look at my foot because I know the floor was full of broken glasses. BINGO! I then headed to the bathroom which were two floors below. People were able to follow me thanks to the blood I was leaving behind.
- I once was invited to a party that was ALL about drinking shots. How stupid that sounds already, right? Anyway, after trying every flavor available, I did feel a little sick. I took a cab, to go back to my bestfriends home where I was sleeping that night (even though she wasn’t even there). I don’t remember what happened after, but apparently I made it back but lost my purse (it actually was my BFF’s Louis Vuitton purse) which contained my camera (with photos of another party I would of liked never to share). Apparently I also vomited in the bath, and part of it on my bestfriend’s mom jeans that were hanging there. I always thought I had an evil twin that night, because I never think I could of done that. Still, my friends really enjoy making fun of me since that day.
- Last but not least, many years ago, after a fun party, I randomnly hooked up with a guy in a club. It never happens to me (I’m just that shy), but he was charming, and from what he said, not living in Brussels, just in town for a few days. A few weeks later, I was having dinner at a restaurant downtown with friends. We had the first table in the restaurant and I was facing the entrance. Imagine my face when my stranger entered the restaurant. I think I went from red, to purple, and to blue, to end up practicly under the table. Great moment of glory.
11. If you could try a complete other job for a whole month, what would it be ?
I would love to be a cook in a restaurant. It sounds exciting, even though it seems really hard.
Thanks Nadia for tagging me
Now it’s MY turn héhé. I’m passing the chain to: Charlotte & Gaëlle (Blondie Market), Sarah & Chloé (Brussels Kitchen), Sophie (Alerte à Liège), Anouk (Anouk Meets Fashion), Luigi (Tellement Lui), Aphrodite (The Fashion Folio), Gregory de Vos (Monsieur de Vos), Emma (Au goût d’Emma), Marianne (Steve&Charlie), Dorothée (Dorothydancing – you’re not going to skip this!), Nathalie & Ruth (The Merrymakers)
Now, you guys have to tell me (us) 11 things we do not know about you, and answer my 11 questions (I was inspired, you’ll see)!
- What’s on top of you Christmas Wishlist?/ De quoi rêves-tu pour Noël?
- If you could have the life of ANYBODY, for the next week, who would it be?/ Si tu pouvais vivre la vie de n’importe qui pour une semaine, la vie de qui choisirais-tu?
- Tell me about your BEST drunk story / Raconte moi ta meilleure histoire de soirée alcoolisée
- What’s your favourite expression? / Quelle est ton expression préférée
- How will you name your children? / Quels noms donneras-tu à tes futurs enfants?
- Which movie do you secretly watch because you’re the only one that find it funny? / Quel film regarde tu secretement car tu es le seul à le trouver drole?
- What’s your killing entering sentence to pick up a guy/a girl in a bar or a club? / Quelle est ta meilleure phrase pour draguer un mec/une nana dans un bar ou une boite?
- Have you ever stolen something? If yes, what was it? / As-tu déjà volé quelque chose? Si oui, c’était quoi?
- Miley Cyrus or Britney Spears? / Miley Cyrus ou Britney Spears?
- What’s your ALL TIME favourite song? / Quelle est ta chanson préférée de tout les temps?
- Tomorrow, you somehow earn 1.000.000€, what is the first thing you do? / Demain, tu reçois la somme de 1.000.000€, quelle est la première chose que tu fais!?
**Good luck guys**
Today’s subject is kind of unusual for me: decoration. I like it, but barely never paid attention to it. Things change though, and since I have to move into my own apartment, my own place, that’s only mine, my cocoon, my world… well, I’ve gotten VERY interested by decoration. By making my home an extension of myself… or at least trying to do so.
I like a lot of things, lots of different styles, but what I love the most is colorful homes. Sometimes unexpected, sometimes extravagant, sometimes a little crazy, but I feel that’s what represent me the most.
Here is my inspiration
Do you like it? Where do you get your inspiration?
If you want to follow more of my inspiration pics, follow my Pinterest Board.
Oh, and by the way, if you know any good places in/around Brussels OR on the internet for great decoration/furnitures (which are not over expensive), do not hesitate to share it with me at email@example.com - Thanks!
I haven’t done an Instagram post in like forever! Since there have been some great pics, especially party pictures, I thought I’d share some of the love with you. How about that uh?
If you never come party at Jeux d’Hiver, well… you’re missing out!
Family picture at the Catclub party – typical much?
Having drinks with some hot and stylish chics
Typical Lulu pose
What’s best than partying with your girls?
Lost in a sparkly jungle, in between 2 parties
Isn’t THAT a happy bartender!
Being very Libertine, and a little bit Supersport.
Just hanging around with my friend Marine
Because Saturday means Jeux d’Hiver, because Jeux d’Hiver means Fitnessclub, because Fitnessclub means 80′s, because 80′s means FUN!
Follow me @lucievd
As you know, I just got back from France, but as you read this, I’ll be flying my way to Washington DC!
I’m bringing my 12 years old sister, Flore with me, for her first time in the USA, this is just SO exciting!
I’ll keep you updated during my two weeks there, spreading some american love.
Today though, I wanted to share some of my favourite Instagram pics from my family holidays in France
Our own little WECANDANCE party!
I think that’s the first appearance of my little star on this blog!
Fishtail braids works for kids too
In the middle of the vineyards
For more pics, follow me @lucievd
Hey guys! I’m off for a week in France.
I really need it after some exhausting months, and I just can’t wait to spend some quality time with my family. It’s going to be all about relaxing, reading, SLEEPING, enjoying the sun, and eating, of course.
I will not update the blog because I really want to enjoy my time off, but until then, do not hesitate to check my Instagram @lucievd for some updates
Here’s a picture from last year. Here’s the recap I did on the blog last summer.
See you next week, don’t miss me too much!