What’s up with you? Sorry for the very late post BUT I had a very pleasant morning. Indeed, I had a cooking class at No Concept Market and it was SO cool and SO interesting! Which explains why I couldn’t post earlier.
Today is not about fashion, or at least not completely… I wanted to share with you my favourite TV Shows. The weather is getting colder and crappier, and we definitly want to stay in bed and watch TV for
These Series are for me the BEST ONES at the moment. They are very different, but all so fun in many different ways. The part related to fashion is that sometimes I get inspired by the looks in some of the shows…
Discovered this Summer, the series is really really good. It’s funny, girly but feels very « today ». Some people say it’s the new version of Sex&the City. I don’t know that. It’s less about fashion (see above for yourself) it’s more about real life, girl’s problems, and of course, their sex life, which are more than funny.
It wouldn’t be the same without the great actress, and producer (and writer of the show if I’m not mistaken), Lena Dunham
Watch the trailer HERE
Hart of Dixie
The series started last year, and it’s pretty fun. Not very smart, I agree, but distracting. It’s all about the rumors and the little stories happening in a small american town.
I watch it because Rachel Bilson is cute, funny AND very fashionable! Her looks in the show are always really good looking and inspiring.
Watch the trailer HERE
Homeland tells the story of an American soldier that was held prisonner in Bagdad comes back to home, in the US. The Nation and everyone thinks he’s a hero of the war, when Carrie Mathison, CIA agent, thinks he may be a terrorist. The show is awesome, the intrigue was very well made, and the actors are more than great. I really enjoy the fact that each episode last almost 1 hour. The season two has just started, the series started in september 2011.
Watch the trailer HERE
New Girl is an HILARIOUS tv show, thanks to Zooey Deschannel especially. Her humour, and her character in this series makes me laugh every time. It’s basically the story of Jess, the new roomate of Schmidt, Nick and Winston, and their life in their appartemment. They each have a very strong character, very funny, every time in a different way. Every episodes last around 20min, just enough.
Watch the trailer HERE
Pretty Little Liars
Ok, so this show may be a little more stupid and childish than the other ones. It’s just like going back to high school for a little. But it’s fun, and I find the story and the intrigue well made, and I have to admit, every time, I can’t wait to see the next episode. The show is currently showing its season 3 in the USA.
Oh, and I have to admit… You may want to watch it, only for Ezra Fitz (Ian Harding)
Watch the trailer HERE
I just started to watch it, and I have to agree… I’m close than opsessed with it! The story is so well made, the actors are great, and as soon as you end an episode you can’t wait to watch the next one to see what happens. I really really love it. I have just finished season one, and I’m SO ready to start season two!
It all happens in the Hamptons, Emily (previously Amanda) returns to revenge her father, and let me tell you, she’s amazing at it! You may also enjoy to looks on Ashley, Emily’s friend in the show, but also fashion blogger in real life.
Watch trailer HERE
One of the great discoveries I made this summer, the series Suits. It all happens in the lawyer offices of Pearson Hardman, where the great and powerfull Harvey Specter hires Mike Ross as his associates. They will make a great team, resolves, in a brilliant way their cases, and still be funny while doing it. The show was really well put together, and the actors are super good, just like Louis, who you want to slap in the face every single time you see him on screen, but I guess that’s what make a great character sometimes.
But really, we enjoy watching it a lot, especially for Harvey… right?
Watch the trailer HERE
Now, I can wish you some great TV hours, under tons of blankets, while it’s cold and rainy outside….
I thought about giving you advices on the trends for this winter, for a fresh new start after this summer. September is coming forward pretty quickly, and we want to be ready. This post will be slightly different from the others, because today I focused on Zara.
Indeed, this winter Zara did a really great job on adapting the trends seen on the runways (I have to admit that the spring/summer collection was already really impressive). This time, I believe Zara did a amazing job, especially on the shoes.
Let’s start with the inspired Chloé Susanna boots (that we’ve seen last season already)
Let’s continue with the Givenchy inspired boots. It’s not exactly the same ones (I do like the fact that on the Givenchy’s the leather covers the shoes entirely), but they look a lot alike.
And now, let’s finish with the inspired Isabel Marant. Zara got inspired by two different models of boots from Isabel Marant. First of all, the ones that we’ve seen now for a few years, the Dicker suede boots. Easy to wear, very simple yet stylish, and copied by a lot of brands.
The original design
Being sold on NET-A-PORTER for 335€
And the ones from ZARA (TRF)
Being sold at 69.95€
The copy isn’t amazing, but the idea of the shoes is there, and I’m sure it will look just as cute.
Now, let’s get to the serious part of this article… the western boots.
Isabel Marant created these boots for this coming fall/winter. I have to admit I wasn’t seduced at all at first. Then, when thinking about it, and seen how it was styled on the runway, I kind of started thinking it was pretty cool. I mean, check this out
After seeing those looks, you CAN NOT ignore their amazing potential, right? And especially this model
And now you’re thinking « damn I would die for these beauties » – and I’m like « I know the feeling honey«
The sad part is that I would probably have to sell more than a kidney to be able to afford these. Then the miracle Zara happend
I know, they’re not as pretty, but they’re pretty hot, don’t you think? I mean, for 119€…
You like the western spirit, but not the bling bling? Don’t worry, Zara hasn’t forget you!
Pretty damn cool right? And these only cost 89.95€!
If you’re still not convinced, I found the little western flats to be really cute
So, what do you think of these trends? Ready to rock the cowboy/western boots?
LET’S GO DO SOME SQUARE DANCING!
I have a big crush on cargo pants, and always did.
I do think it’s a must have in the wardrobe, since it’s so confortable and so easy to wear. Still, you have to be carefull, you have to dress it up, and make it feminin.
Wear heels, jewelry, cute little blouses, denim shirts,… Or you could always go the opposite way (rock/grunge) with big boots, loose thank tops, military jacket,… (I would add some jewelry though, like little chains)
This is how I wore mine today
Wearing: ZARA TRF cargo pants – ZARA blouse – H&M necklace (old) – FOREVER21 belt – KURT GEIGER sandals
I found my cargo pants over a year ago in the sales at Zara. It’s not always an easy item to find, but I’d say Zara is always a go to when looking for one. I did some research, and here is what I found
The three of them are from ZARA TRF at 39.95€
On a personal basis I like the first one better because it’s more fitted, but that’s up to you.
How about you guys? Do you like cargo pants? Do you own a pair? How do you wear it?
I have to say, I feel like there is more and more bloggers that start a blog for the advantages of it. Those people want their blog to be “famous” right away. Let me tell you, that’s not how it works. Unless you are really lucky it takes I’d say around 2 years to “earn” back the time you spend doing it. I say “earn” because I think about the ones who are doing it only for that reason. For other people (bloggers) like me, we don’t wait to earn anything back, because just the fact to share and talk about what thrilled us, have feedbacks from our readers, and just meet interesting people during events, it’s all we want. Even though, of course, it’s really pleasant to receive a little something, it’s not the reason why we do it. When we started, there were no such things as there is today! Blogger events, collaborations, etc…
Recently, I have received emails from newcomers asking me how to do to make their blog popular and to help them out. For example, A few months ago, I have received an email, from one of them, complimenting me about my blog (quite nice, I admit) : [...] Je dois avouer que j’adore ce que tu fais! ))) C’est vraiment inspirant[...] (ENG: I have to admit I love what you do! It’s really inspiring!)
Then it was all about helping her out: [...]Je viens de lancer mon propre blog et je me demandais si tu accepterais de me référencer dans tes favorites. Je ferais pareil bien évidemment.[...] Je me sentais bien seule & snobbée par les françaises T_T. Je serais plus qu’honorée si acceptais de me donner ce petit coup de pouce[...] (ENG: I just started my own blog and I was wondering if you would put me in your favorites. I would do the same of course – I felt really lonely and rejected by the french bloggers. I would be more than honored if you accepted to help me out a little.)
When I got the email, it took me some days to see what I would write back. Not that I don’t want to help people, but I don’t like people asking for it. For example, as you may know, I really LOVE the blog Brussel’s Kitchen. They do a great job, great writing, beautiful photos and they make me discover great places in my own city. A few weeks after they started, it was just something so obvious for me to help them out, share their blog, put them in my favorites, because I think the blog is so great. And even if I know the girls behind it, they never asked me anything!
But the thing was, with that email, she was being really nice, apparently a reader of my blog who really enjoyed what I do. As I said, it took me a while to write her back. Then during those days, I received an email from another blogger, a friend of mine, telling me she’s had received the same email sent to her, 3 times, saying « Bonjour Lucie » (Hello Lucie). Ok, HUGE FAIL here! The email wasn’t even sincere since it seemed that it was copy paste to any fashion blogger that girl could find.
At that very moment, she lost ALL credibility for me. But she’s not the only one. There are plenty of girls, just like her, out there. Just waiting for us to tell them exactly what to do.
Just thinking about that idea, it pissed me off a few times. To me, if you want to have a blog, to be able to handle it from start to finish, to write articles, to give your point of view, to collaborate with brands (if you’re lucky), you better be able to do this on your own. But you know what, I will give you my tips and tricks anyway. Here is what I know, and what I’ve learned so far. Let me just add that it’s mostly things I’ve learned by myself, it’s all pretty logical
Before starting with the advices, I want to clear out a few facts:
- be strong, and be sure about what you’re putting out there. Be confident, because don’t forget that when you have a blog, you expose yourself, in a way, to everyone. That means that you leave the door open for criticism, stupid comments,… and you have to be able to take them, as they come.
- blogging is about sharing what you love (either it’s food, fashion, beauty, travels,…) to others. Others who are as passionate as you are, other bloggers, or just random people that enjoy your writing and your ideas.
- blogging is all about having fun. It takes a shit loads of time, you might as well enjoy it.
- never blog to expect something back. Either it’s visitors, invitations, goody bags, presents. Of course, it’s always nice to receive a little something, but it can definitely NOT be the reason WHY you created the blog.
- Be yourself, everyone one else is already taken. I couldn’t say it better! Having a blog is exposing YOURSELF. Don’t try to be someone else, they’ll always be better than you at being themself. Be different. Be creative.
- You must have an opinion, a point of view. If you only explain what’s going on in fashion, let’s say giving the trends, you won’t bring something new. Your readers will 1: be able to see those trends everywhere (when talking about obvious subject like a trend, you’ll never be the only one to talk about it.) 2: the readers will want to see YOU in your articles. If you want to talk about the trends, do, but give your favorites, the ones that fits your style the best. OR, give them tips on how to wear them.
- Sorry for the ones who are not confortable with this, but you have to put a few outfit post. It’s the best way to show how your are, your style. It is clearly what your readers will like the most. You always wonder how someone will mix up the pieces of her closet. It gives inspiration, plus it’s easier to relate to a blogger than to that beautiful model on the fashion magazines.
- Let’s face it, it is way easier when: 1 – you are pretty. As stupid as it can be, we can clearly see that the big fashion blogs are by girls who are good looking OR really well put together. 2 – skinny is definitely a plus, again same that for point 1, OR if you’re a plus size, give good advices. But don’t dress as a size 2 when you’re a size 6 or 8 (by that I mean forget cropped tops). 3 – have great pictures, which means, you better have a great boyfriends that makes great photos and owns a great camera (ok, I’m kidding…kind of). 4 – have an interesting closet, OR, be really creative. (Here I’m just analyzing facts, which doesn’t mean that I agree with it…)
- Exposing a part of your life is clearly not suppose to be part of a fashion blog, but it definitely works. Let’s take Chiara Ferragni for example. She started her blog not so long ago (compare to other big blogs that exist out there) but made it to the top right away. Of course, she is beautiful, has the perfect body, dresses well and has an incredible closet. But that’s not it, she also shares her personal life on her blog. Sharing pictures of her apartment, family times, her vacations, and some sort of stolen moments with her boyfriend. And it works! It’s almost like a TV show that her readers (fans) read every day.
- There are some great tools out there to help you promote your blog, USE THEM! Of course you have Facebook, on which you can create a page that can become later a community. It’s always good to post your new articles up there since it will pop up it your fans feeds. Do the same with Twitter, where there is already a big community of bloggers. It’s fun, everybody talks to each other, there are a lot of good infos going on,… If you ask me, I think it’s a must do! Besides these two, there is the huge Bloglovin’ that helps too. I know there is much more than these 3 but honestly I can’t keep up with them, they are way too numberous, and it would take me way too much time.
- You have to be consistent in your post, by that I mean post often. If you can, everyday. Why? Simply because when your readers come up to your blog, they expect (or at least they wish) to find something new everytime. I guess, by reading blogs you already felt the frustration of finding nothing new? Well, just apply that rule for yourself. It takes time, I know, but it’s worth it!
- Choose a good plateform, my favorite is definitely WordPress.com
I think that’s all.
Don’ forget, there are so many bloggers out there, that you better be creative to make yourself stand out.
Work on it!
The Milan Fashion Week (fall/winter 2012-2013) just ended, let’s take a look on what was runing the runway… or not!
The white with a very bright pop of color at Blumarine. It always feels good to have colors during the winter
There was a LOT of black and gold at Dolce&Gabbana… I did love their collection even if it had a really present « baroque » touch to all the looks.
Last year Marc Jacobs launched the idea with Kate Moss at Louis Vuitton, and this year it’s Dsquared² that makes their models smoke on the runway, ALL OF THEM!
Gosh, I LOVED how Gucci bleached his model’s eyebrows for the show
And I do believe it makes Anja Rubik look even more beautiful with her eyebrows like that!
The big buzz around Jil Sander was all about how Raf Simons was leaving… And I don’t understand how it doesn’t seem to bother anybody that it totally looked like a spring/summer collection! I mean, as I said, I’m totally for colorful clothes during winter, even white, but I’m not sure about pastels colors…
Prints with prints guys! The game is on and Prada won! And if I were you, I’d check out the Marni x H&M collection coming out March 8th, full of beautiful prints…
And finally, the appearance of Naomi Campbell at Roberto Cavalli
There are many other things to be seen about Milan Fashion Week, but you’ll find them in my future articles about the trends for next winter, stay tuned
Here we go with the outfits of my weekends, both with shirts.
That’s pretty much all I want to wear lately; shirts, blouses… and let me tell you it’s not over with the shirts yet! There are still a lot of them for this summer (especially white ones) and any colors for next winter. It works also with PRINTS! And I love it! And if you want to go with prints all the way, wear print on the bottom as well!
Back to the outfit, I wore
On the left we have my friday outfit: ZARA demin shirt – H&M pants – FOREVER21 necklace & belt. I wore my new pair of sandals from ZARA (photos of the sandals coming asap) and when my feet were hurting too much I wore flats from Steve Madden
On the right it’s my outfit from saturday: an oversized shirt which is my boyfriend’s, and it’s from BELLEROSE, 7FOR ALL MANKIND jeans.
Oh, and just for the fun, here is my very needed accessory for Nadia’s Summer party/bday party!
Do you wear shirts a lot? Buttoned up all the way?
Looking at fashion shows, we can already see some futur trends popping up. At least, some of them seem to stay persistent with different designers.
The first one that I have already seen a lot, and with any kind of outfit is the gloves.
Gloves in leather or cotton, in black or in colors, short or long, really any kind of gloves.
I always found gloves to be pretty elegant, but the way I see it for next winter can be pretty eclectic, and I like that idea.
Take a look at how designers incorporated them into their looks:
Lire la suite»
You want the same look you saw on the catwalks but have a low budget? I have the solution you need!
I will show you a few of this summer’s big trends, really well reproduced by River Island.
Inspired by Dsquarred²
River Island: 80,50€
The Scarf Print
Inspired by D&G
River Island: 80,50€
Inspired by Burberry Prorsum
River Island: jacket 94€ – skirt 54€
Denim shirt/gold skirt:
Inspired by Balmain
River Island: denim shirt 60,50€ – skirt 87,50€
Inspired by Gucci
River Island: pants 54€
Inspired by Isabel Marant
River Island: sweater 40€ – tie dye shorts 40€
Inspired by Gucci
River Island: dress 80,50€
Inspired by Louis Vuitton
River Island: lace shirt 60,50€
What do you think of this summer’s trends?
I really love the fringes, both of the sporty looks and the lace. I need to go ASAP to River Island to check everything out, it looks amazing!
Connaissez-vous la nouvelle boutique Dun-Dee?
Si non, je vous invite à la découvrir grâce à l’article Cityplug dans lequel je présente cette boutique ICI.
Comme je vous l’explique dans l’article, on vous fera une réduction de 5% sur vos achats lorsque vous donnerez le code « LuluFashionCoach ».
Cette offre sera valable jusqu’au mercredi 21/09/11, alors ne trainez pas trop